1. Migas. The Best of Breakfast tacos.
2. A fish-style taco a la California. Use cabbage, not lettuce, if you know what’s what.
3. Something traditional with a slow cooked, tender filling supplemented only by chopped white onion and cilantro. We like the Soy Curl al Pastor in The Taco Cleanse.
4. A really late night bean taco from Taco Bell eaten while sleepy and possibly a bit tipsy. Be generous with the hot sauce.
5. A taco where the only ingredient is the best refried beans you’ve ever had in your life. Maybe some potato, but the focus should be on the beans.
6. A fusion food taco. Whether it’s Korean, Italian, or Middle Eastern, share the loving embrace of a tortilla with another cuisine.
7. A barbecue taco complete with with your favorite regional barbecue sauce. Like our Barbecue Brisket and Mac ‘n’ Cheese taco.
8. A Chaco taco. Or a “chaco taco.” We’re not picky about brands here. Just make sure there’s ice cream involved.
9. Huitlacoche. Really. Don’t be put off by the alternate names.
10. School cafeteria-style hard shell taco. This is the one place we’ll sanction the use of that sad shredded iceberg lettuce.
11. A waffle taco. Taco Bell didn’t invent these. Fold that waffle around your favorite breakfast ingredients and remember why you love breakfast again.
12. A puffy taco. If you’ve never had one of these, imagine a taco made with a savory sopapilla instead of a tortilla. Or just imagine the difference between baked french fries and oil-fried french fries and apply that to a corn tortilla.
13. Whatever you want because at 37 you’re a grown ass adult, and people should stop telling you what to eat.
*Nothing much happens at 37. We just like prime numbers.