The Taco Scientists with their Fuego Cleanse diplomas
Building a Taco Community is essential to Taco Cleansing. It’s the sprinkle of onions and cilantro on your carnitas taco. Or the queso on your Tot-cho Taco. (Trust us. It’s in the book.) You just won’t feel complete without it.
But how do your form this community? Taco lovers aren’t just everywhere. (Just kidding. They are.) Here are five ways to spread the taco love.
- Try a taco icebreaker. Instead of asking “What do you do?” or “What’s your major?” Ask, “What’s your favorite taco?”
A dessert taco special from Sweet Ritual
2. Skip the cake and ice cream at your birthday party. Instead, serve Choco Tacos (there’s a recipe for an ice cream taco in the book!). You’ll be surprised how excited your guests will be, and that kind of emotion will only strengthen your relationship.
3. Convince your school or work cafeteria to participate in Taco Tuesday. Join your friends or coworkers for tacos and discuss your favorite brand of hot sauce.
4. Do you live in a state or country where tacos aren’t well-known? (Poor you!) Throw a party with a taco bar, and introduce your friends to this very important foodstuff.
5. Decorate your home with tacos. You’ll soon find out which of your friends are taco lovers when they praise your excellent taste.
The taco food pyramid
As I’m sure you know, tacos are nature’s perfect food. “Nutritionists” and Taco Scientists have been touting the importance of a taco-based diet for years now. But is your family eating enough tacos?
Five Signs Your Family May Be Taco Deficient
- Your family no longer celebrates Taco Tuesday.
- There aren’t tortillas, or tortilla making ingredients, in your kitchen.
- You find yourself inexplicably crying whenever you see a taco commercial on TV.
- You can’t remember the last time you ate a taco or served tacos to your loved ones.
- You’re eating a burrito RIGHT NOW.
If this is you, it’s not too late to take control of your health and your very life. Begin today, with a taco at your next meal.
The fear of pregnant women eating tacos at high speeds. Derived from the words tocophobia (the fear of pregnant women), tachophobia
(the fear of high speeds) and taco
Dear Taco Scientists,
I am interested in adopting a taco-based lifestyle, but I have a confession to make. I am actually a little afraid of eating tacos in public. I tend to spill out the fillings all over myself and make a mess. Should I practice with a burrito first?
Tacophobic in Tempe
Firstly, let us address your last question. No.
Secondly, we have to wonder, are you tilting your head when eating tacos? Are you folding your tortillas properly? Are you opening your mouth when the taco gets close enough? We believe that everyone can benefit from a Taco Cleanse, but you have to be willing to put in the work. It takes practice and dedication for the unfortunately taco-challenged folks out there. We believe in you. Also, it might be time to stop worrying about what others think of you. If they can’t look past your hot sauce stained sweatshirt and see your inner bodymind igniting with the heat of a thousand jalapeños, then why would you care what they think? Good luck in your taco journey, TiT.
In Taco Solidarity,
The Taco Scientists
Have a question for the Taco Scientists? Send it to tacocleanse (at) gmail (dot) com with the subject line “Dear Taco Scientists.”